Sunday, November 21, 2010

Boogers and Chopsticks


What is the scariest part about being a mom thus far? I'd have to say boogers. They seem harmless, but when you have an infant who has no idea how to blow their nose, it becomes a serious situation. I have awakened several times in the past 6 weeks by a stuffy nosed Jett. The first time was, of course, the scariest. It was 2 am and i awoke to what sounded like Jett gasping for air (actually it sounded more like he had a pissed of pot-bellied pig bunking with him in his crib). I hurried down from the loft, my heart beating. Jett calmed down a bit, which seemed to make the breathing a bit easier. Not wanting to be the mom who panics, i told myself he was fine and sat down to nurse. I couldn't calm myself and called Todd down from the loft as i was convinced that not only could Jett not breath, he was unable to nurse because of this. He was either going to suffocate or starve. We turned on all the lights, pulled out that silly bulbous nose sucker thingy. We tried to clear his nose several times, but were unsuccessful. I was close to complete panic when I saw the culprit. I leave out the nasty details, but that is AMAZING?!?!? That came out of there?????

Just this morning we had another booger situation. I'm now aware, that he can breathe and that it just sounds awful. Todd and i sat down and began our operation. I used the sucker thingy and he looked for the nasty little or big green thing. This time, we needed more tools. Lets just say that there are many uses for chopsticks. And, I am thankful for Todd's amazing chopstick abilities. Love you Babe!